jeudi 27 novembre 2008
Pepes Ayam (Event "Masak Bareng")
Since I read this post at Ayin's blog about "Masak Bareng" or Let's Cook Together" if we can say it in English, I promised to my self to join this event. Okay, then here we are, my first entry for the event.
I like to eat any kind of "pepes", emmmm, let say "steamed food inside the banana leaves". We can do this recipe to fish, tofu, chicken, prawn, tempe, or even salted fish."
Usually I use this recipe for prawn and scallops since my husband doesn't like chicken. But, why don't we give it a try for chicken. It must be yum yum also....I cooked this last night, then directly took a picture of it.
Friends...come with me to the kitchen, let's "Masak Bareng" with this month menu : "Pepes Ayam".
(i got this recipe from my mum and modified by me)
4 piece of chicken, drum stick & breast part
2 candle nut
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 slice of galangal (i use galangal powder 1 tsp)
1 lemon grass (use only the white part)
5 lemon leaves, chopped
1 branch of celery, chopped
1 branch of chives or bay leaves (in Indonesia : daun bawang), chopped
5 red chilis, chopped (if you like, i didn't use it)
3 tbsp thick coconut milk (i used Kara)
2 tbsp coconut grated
how to cook :
1. smashed the shallots,garlics & candlenuts with food processor or blender (me, i used mini mortar & pestle).
2. in on bowl, put together the shallots mixture with other ingredients, mix it well.
3. mix in the chicked. strir again, and set aside for about 15 minutes.
4. prepare the banana leaves. since i didn't have it here, i used alumunium sheets.
5. wrapped 1 piece of chicked with the ingredients mixture. do the same direction for all chicked. yesterday, since i have leftover tofu, i put some with the chicken.
6. steam them for about 30 minutes.
7. hmmm...ready to enjoy with warm white rice and sambal.