lundi 15 juin 2009
I was very happy when I knew Tempeh are available here in Cannes. I am Indonesian, and before almost everyday I eat tempe. A biggest fan of tempe he? And after I moved to Cannes more than a year ago, I could find it until a friend of mine shared information to me. Ok, then I found it in Bio Food Store. Yey...finally.
Now I want to share one of Tempeh recipe, as a side dish. As always, we eat tempe with rice (with rice or yellow rich,two of them are good). easy to make and delicious.
Voila, here is the recipe :
1 pack of Tempe, cut in small rectangle shape, then fry until golden brown
3 shallots, chop
2 garlics, chop
2 - 3 red chillies, slice thinly (if you don't like spicy/hot, you can remove the pit/seed before slicing)
1 cm galanga
2 bay leaves
1 - 2 tsp sliced coconut sugar
1-2 tbsp sweet soybean sauce
1 eye of tamarind diluted in 30 cc water
oil to fry and saute
how to :
1. fry sliced tempeh until golden brow, drain it from the oil
2. stir fry the shallots and garlics until fragrant, add in galanga,bayleaf.
3. mix in tempeh,soybean sauce,tamarind water,sugar. stir well.
4. add chillis and season with salt and pepper. this must be depend on your taste. for me, the taste must be sweet,salty and spicy.
5. if it's already mixed well and dry (not watery), remove from stove. ready to serve with warm rice as a main dish.
mercredi 10 juin 2009
Actually, the original recipe from Manado, the capital city of North Sulawesi, Indonesia call Cakalang (Skipjack Tuna). But since I already drooled and were in rush to cook, so I changed it with my sardines in can. This side dish will do very yummy with warm rice. Be careful, maybe you will ask more rice and ... water! hmm, it's hot & spicy!! just perfect as I imagine it.
Here we go with the original recipe :
Cakalang Pampis source : http://cuek.wordpress.com
Bahan (ingredients) :
1 ekor ikan cakalang/tongkol (cakalang/skipjack tuna)
5 bh bawang merah (shallots)
2 siung bawang putih (garlics)
1 ruas jahe (about 2 cm ginger)
15 bh cabe rawit (bird chili)
5 bh cabe merah (red chili)
¼ ltr minyak kelapa, untuk menumis (vegetable oil for saute)
Garam secukupnya (salt)
Sereh secukupnya (lemongrass)
Daun bawang secukupnya (spring onion)
Cara membuat (direction) :
· Ikan cakalang dibersihkan, dikukus lalu dibersihkan dari tulang-tulangnya, lalu ikannya disuir-suir.
(steam the fish,remove the bones,cut into small piece)
· Bawang merah, bawang putih, jahe, cabe rawit, cabe merah semuanya dihaluskan.
(make into paste helped by your food processor or mortar & pestle : shallots,garlic,ginger,chili)
Sereh dimemarkan, daun bawang diiris tipis-tipis.
(crush the lemongrass, finely chop the spring onion)
· Bumbu yang telah dihaluskan ditumis hingga harum, lalu tambahkan sereh, daun bawang.
(saute paste ingredients until fragrant, add in lemongrass and spring onion)
(add in the fish,stir it well and cook until dry. remove from pan)
dimanche 7 juin 2009
Another banana cake. Yes, I did 4 times with different recipes. But I think the latest recipe that I like most. The texture so moist and not like 'flour' cake.
Thanks a lot to my dear friend Rachmah, who share the recipe. So good!! Two thumbs up :)
I was happy when I served this special soup from Indonesia for lunch with my Japanese friend, Kazzie, a couple months ago. she was very excited and liked it. then I promised her to post the recipe. I am really sorry, it took so long until now I write the recipe. Dear Kazzie, bon courage! tu peux essayer maintenant.
Indonesian Chicken Soup (Chicken Soto/Soto Ayam)
for 3-4 servings
4 pieces of chickens (any part, with bones), bring to boil and shimmer with 1,5-2 l water
vermicelli, soak in hot water
bean sprout, blanch in hot water
cabbage, slice thinly, blanch in hot water
onion spring, chopped
paste ingredients :
2 cm fresh ginger (powder - 1/2 tsp)
1 cm fresh turmeric (powder : 1/2 tsp
additional ingredients :
4 kafir leaves
2 lemongrass, crushed
2 cm galangal,crushed
1. bring to boil and then keep cook at medium heat the chicken
2. saute until fragrant the paste ingredients and additional ingredients
3. then stir into chicken broth,cook until boil, season with salt and sugar as you wish
4. take the chicken and cut thinly
5. prepare in a bowl : rice cake,vermicelli,cabbage,bean sprout,onion spring,chicken.
6. pour the soup into the bowl, sprinkle with fried shallots and prawn snack.
7. if you like, eat with chili paste (chili, bring to boil, drained and crushed to bits. add with few of chicken soup)
8. serve while hot/warm
optional : add some boiled eggs, cut half.