lundi 15 juin 2009

Sweet Spicy Fried Tempeh & Tofu (Kering Tempe Tahu)

Tempeh or tempe in Javanese is made by a natural culturing and controlled fermentation process that binds soybeans into cake form (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempeh). Very rich in protein, fiber and vitamins. Here in French, you may find it in Bio Food Store (Magasins Bio).


I was very happy when I knew Tempeh are available here in Cannes. I am Indonesian, and before almost everyday I eat tempe. A biggest fan of tempe he? And after I moved to Cannes more than a year ago, I could find it until a friend of mine shared information to me. Ok, then I found it in Bio Food Store. Yey...finally.

Now I want to share one of Tempeh recipe, as a side dish. As always, we eat tempe with rice (with rice or yellow rich,two of them are good). easy to make and delicious.

Voila, here is the recipe :

ingredients :
1 pack of Tempe, cut in small rectangle shape, then fry until golden brown
3 shallots, chop
2 garlics, chop
2 - 3 red chillies, slice thinly (if you don't like spicy/hot, you can remove the pit/seed before slicing)
1 cm galanga
2 bay leaves
1 - 2 tsp sliced coconut sugar
1-2 tbsp sweet soybean sauce
salt
pepper
1 eye of tamarind diluted in 30 cc water
oil to fry and saute

how to :
1. fry sliced tempeh until golden brow, drain it from the oil
2. stir fry the shallots and garlics until fragrant, add in galanga,bayleaf.
3. mix in tempeh,soybean sauce,tamarind water,sugar. stir well.
4. add chillis and season with salt and pepper. this must be depend on your taste. for me, the taste must be sweet,salty and spicy.
5. if it's already mixed well and dry (not watery), remove from stove. ready to serve with warm rice as a main dish.

Aucun commentaire: