dimanche 7 juin 2009
Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup)
I was happy when I served this special soup from Indonesia for lunch with my Japanese friend, Kazzie, a couple months ago. she was very excited and liked it. then I promised her to post the recipe. I am really sorry, it took so long until now I write the recipe. Dear Kazzie, bon courage! tu peux essayer maintenant.
Indonesian Chicken Soup (Chicken Soto/Soto Ayam)
for 3-4 servings
4 pieces of chickens (any part, with bones), bring to boil and shimmer with 1,5-2 l water
vermicelli, soak in hot water
bean sprout, blanch in hot water
cabbage, slice thinly, blanch in hot water
onion spring, chopped
paste ingredients :
2 cm fresh ginger (powder - 1/2 tsp)
1 cm fresh turmeric (powder : 1/2 tsp
additional ingredients :
4 kafir leaves
2 lemongrass, crushed
2 cm galangal,crushed
1. bring to boil and then keep cook at medium heat the chicken
2. saute until fragrant the paste ingredients and additional ingredients
3. then stir into chicken broth,cook until boil, season with salt and sugar as you wish
4. take the chicken and cut thinly
5. prepare in a bowl : rice cake,vermicelli,cabbage,bean sprout,onion spring,chicken.
6. pour the soup into the bowl, sprinkle with fried shallots and prawn snack.
7. if you like, eat with chili paste (chili, bring to boil, drained and crushed to bits. add with few of chicken soup)
8. serve while hot/warm
optional : add some boiled eggs, cut half.