jeudi 18 décembre 2008

Ah...this is tooo sweeetttt....Cheese Cake

I made this cake actually last Thursday for my Wedding Anniversary. Found the recipe here, and gave it a try. But, because I was careless in writing the recipe from the computer, I missed one ingredient, the flour...:p Yeah, because usually the Cheese cake only use a few amount of flour so i thought ah, they just omitted it.
And not only that, I made the other stupidity...I didn't check all my ingredients stock in refrigerator before I started to mix. I didn't have the sour cream (or fresh cream)...before I wanted to omitted it, but then I remembered I had 2 pots of cherry yoghurt. I decided to use it...but that made the cake became too sweet, I didn't reduce the sugar and the yogurt already sweet. so to make the correction, I decorated the cake with the sour fruits, Kiwi and Orange. It was quite ok... well...i just posted this to remind me, next time don't do this again :)
Ok, here is the recipe :

Chantal's new York Cheesecake

Source : Allrecipes.com
Ingredients :
  • 15 graham crackers, crushed
  • 30 g butter, melted
  • 896 g cream cheese
  • 300 g white sugar
  • 180 ml milk
  • 4 eggs
  • 230 g sour cream
  • 15 ml vanilla extract
  • 30 g all-purpose flour
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
  3. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving.

Aucun commentaire: